Both Tijuana and Club America will be competing against one another at the Estadio Caliente on Sunday, which will mark the beginning of their Clausura campaign in the Mexican Liga MX. Following the conclusion of their most recent friendly match, which took place in the middle of the season, both teams will be heading into the weekend with the intention of beginning the second half of the season with a win.
On the previous Saturday, Tijuana defeated Necaxa in a friendly match by a score of 3-1, boasting a strong team performance that earned them the victory. Prior to that, the Miguel Herrera-coached team had lost two straight games after suffering defeats to Club America and Pachuca in the final two games of the Apertura.
As a result of their 17 matches in the Apertura competition, Tijuana finished in 13th place in the rankings with a total of 20 points, including six victories and two ties. Club America, on the other hand, was in first place in the division for the first half of the season after collecting forty points from seventeen games played.
In addition, André Jardine’s team participated in a friendly match during the middle of the season, and on December 22nd, they achieved a remarkable victory over the Spanish superpower Barcelona by a score of only three points. By the time the weekend arrives, Club America has not suffered a single defeat in their most recent three matches, collecting two victories and one draw. Since August, they have only suffered a single defeat in their last 24 matches.
Tijuana vs. Club America Head-To-Head and Key Numbers:
- With 15 wins from the last 28 meetings between the sides, Club America boasts a superior record in the history of this fixture.
- Tijuana has picked up six wins in that time, while the spoils have been shared on seven occasions.
- Club America are unbeaten in their last four league games against Herrera’s men, claiming three wins and one draw since a 3-2 loss in May 2019.
- Tijuana have lost just one of their seven home matches while picking up five wins and one draw since late August.
- Club America is unbeaten in 12 consecutive away matches in all competitions, claiming eight wins and four draws since August’s 4-1 defeat against Columbus Crew.
Tijuana vs Club America Prediction
Jardine’s side boasts the firepower needed to get this one over the line and we fancy them claiming all three points at the Estadio Caliente.
Tijuana vs Club America Betting Tips
- Tip 1: Result: Club America wins
- Tip 2: First to score: Club America (The visitors have opened the scoring in six of the last seven meetings between the two teams.)
- Tip 3: Over 10.5 corners: no (There have also been fewer than 11 corner kicks in eight of their last nine clashes)